Dear ones, I wish you with all my heart “Merry Christmas!” and I invite you to a slice of this delicious cake with zabaglione cream and biscuits, which I sliced! 😛Only for you !!! I love you very, very much !!!! … And… I don’t know what else I could say 😀Be happy !!!
Chocolate-Zabaglione Cream Cakes Step by Step
For the zabaglione cream, soak the gelatin sheets in plenty of cold water for 10 minutes. During this time, prepare the sugar syrup by boiling water and sugar for approx. 5 minutes. When it cools, add the vanilla essence.
Prepare the steam bath, putting a pot (only a quarter full) with water on the fire; leave until the water boils, then cover with another vessel, slightly smaller, which enters the vessel with water.
Next, beat the yolks with the sugar in a high bowl, with the mixer, for about 2 minutes or until the composition becomes frothy. Then pour the wine and mix well. The resulting composition is poured into the vessel placed in a bain-marie and left for approx. 7-8 minutes. Stir constantly during this time, with a spatula that reaches well on the edges of the bowl (this way, the cream does not make lumps). The gelatin is removed from the water, drained and added to the hot cream. Stir vigorously!
Beat the Mascarpone cheese separately, in a small bowl, for a few seconds (remove from the fridge a few hours before), then mix with the zabaglione cream. Finely chop the white chocolate with a knife.
Wallpaper with a transparent foil a cake form with a diameter of 26 cm (the form is wet before placing the foil). Soak 100 g of biscuits in sugar syrup and place at the base of the form. Break the biscuits, if necessary, to “cover” the whole shape. Then pour half of the zabaglione cream over the biscuits and level. Sprinkle the chocolate pieces, as evenly as possible, over the cream and pour the other half of the cream. The cake is finished by putting the rest of the biscuits, soaked in syrup, on top of the cream. Cover the cake with foil and keep in the fridge for at least 3-4 hours (ideally leave it overnight).
When ready, gently lift the foil from the edges of the cake, pass the knife blade over the edge of the mold and open the removable ring of the cake. Place a round plate over the cake and, with a firm motion, turn it over. In the end, it should look like this🙂Print
Layered Chocolate-Zabaglione Cream Cakes
- Prep Time: 1 Hours
- Cook Time: 18 minutes
- Total Time: 1 Hours 18 Minutes
- Yield: 1 1x
- Category: Dessert
- Method: Main Course
- Cuisine: American
- ½ cup unsalted butter
- 3 ounces bittersweet chocolate
- 6 eggs
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- ½ teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 cup sifted cake flour
- White Chocolate Cream Frosting (see recipe below)
- White Chocolate Zabaglione Sauce (see recipe below)
- Fresh berries (optional)
- White and/or bittersweet chocolate curls or shavings (optional)
- Grease a 15x10x1-inch baking pan. Line bottom with parchment paper or waxed paper; grease paper. Set aside. In a small saucepan combine butter and bittersweet chocolate. Heat and stir over low heat until melted; set aside to cool. Allow eggs to stand at room temperature for 30 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 350 degree F. In a large mixing bowl, beat eggs slightly. Add sugar, vanilla, and cinnamon; beat with an electric mixer on high speed for 10 minutes. Sift about one-third of the flour over egg mixture. Gently fold in flour. Repeat sifting and folding in one-third of the flour at a time. Gently fold in melted chocolate mixture. Spread batter in prepared pan.
- Bake in the preheated oven for 18 to 20 minutes or until a wooden toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool cake in pan on a wire rack for 10 minutes. Remove cake from pan and peel off paper. Cool cake completely on a wire rack. Cut cake into 24 squares or 2- to 2-1/4-inch circles.
- Just before serving, place a cake square or circle on each of 12 dessert plates. On each cake square or circle, spread about 3 tablespoons White Chocolate Cream Frosting. Top each with a second cake square or circle. Spoon White Chocolate Zabaglione Sauce over cakes, allowing some to flow down sides. If desired, garnish with fresh berries and chocolate curls. Makes 12 servings.
- Serving Size: 12
- Calories: 389 kcal
- Sodium: 61mg
- Fat: 24g
- Carbohydrates: 37g
- Fiber: 1g
- Protein: 6g
- Cholesterol: 230mg
Keywords: Chocolate-Zabaglione Cream Cakes