Roast Chicken with Vegetables. Yet another way to prepare this popular meat. Grilled chicken. It is also a very healthy option, because chicken meat is one of the healthiest of all the meats that there is, vegetables that there is little to say about them since baking is one of the healthiest cooking techniques. So this is a great way to eat meat in a very healthy way. Let’s see how to make this baked chicken with vegetables.
How To Make Crispy Roast Chicken with Vegetables
Put in the base of a baking dish, the potatoes cut into 1cm thick slices, the carrot in pieces of a couple of cm, the onion in strips, the minced garlic cloves and the green and red pepper also cut into strips. Although you can add the chopped vegetables, if you prefer. Seasoning
On top, we place the chicken thighs. We bathe them with a glass of water and add salt and pepper. Then we add a small splash of oil to each thigh and sprinkle with dried thyme.
We put in the oven previously heated to 200ºC, heat up and down. Let cook for about 25 minutes
After time, we remove the chicken from the oven and turn it over. We add salt and pepper, add a little more thyme and put it back in until it is cooked and golden brown. Another 25 minutes or so.
And that’s how easy we will have our baked chicken with vegetables ready . With this of putting the vegetables as a base, and the chicken on top, we will get it to release its juice, mix with the vegetables and have a spectacular garnish! Also, if you like this recipe, you cannot miss the rest of the chicken recipes that we have prepared for you.Print
Crispy Roast Chicken with Vegetables Recipes
This Crispy Roast Chicken with Vegetables looks impressive, tastes amazing, and nobody will ever guess that it only took you 15 minutes to pull together!
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Cook Time: 1 hour 35 minutes
- Total Time: 1 hour 50 minutes
- Yield: 1 1x
- Category: Chicken
- Method: Main Course
- Cuisine: American
- 1 whole chicken (about 4 – 4.5 lbs.), rinsed and patted dry; giblets removed
- Salt and pepper
- 1 lemon, quartered
- 1 stalk celery, quartered
- 1 bunch fresh thyme about 10 sprigs
- 1 bunch fresh rosemary about 10 sprigs
- 3 cloves garlic, peeled but not chopped
- 2 T butter, melted
- 6–8 medium Yukon Gold potatoes, quartered
- 6 carrots, peeled and cut into 1–2 inch pieces
- 1 Vidalia onion, quartered
- 2 T olive oil
- Kitchen twine for tying
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Season chicken cavity with salt and pepper.
- Stuff chicken cavity with lemon chunks, celery, half of the thyme sprigs, half of the rosemary sprigs, and garlic cloves. It’s fine if you can’t fit all of these ingredients into your chicken. Just stuff as much in there as you can!
- Tie the legs together with kitchen string and tuck the wings underneath the bird. Place chicken (breast-side up) in a large roasting pan.
- Drizzle or brush melted butter over the outside of the chicken. Season liberally all over with salt and pepper.
- Place potatoes, carrots and onion in a large Ziploc bag. Add olive oil to the bag, season with salt and pepper, and toss to coat.
- Place the vegetables in the roasting pan around the chicken. Tuck the remaining sprigs of thyme and rosemary in the pan with the vegetables.
- Roast the chicken and vegetables in the oven for about 95-100 minutes, or until the meat reaches an internal temperature of 165 degrees F.
- Serving Size: 4
- Calories: 325 kcal
- Sugar: 8g
- Sodium: 146mg
- Fat: 13g
- Saturated Fat: 4g
- Carbohydrates: 46g
- Fiber: 9g
- Cholesterol: 15mg
Keywords: roast chicken, roast chicken with vegetables, whole chicken